Thursday, May 18, 2006

What a Day -18May, 2006

18May, 2006 - Notable for many reasons. Today is Eli's 17month birthday.
Unfortunately tonight he got a big goose egg above his eye from falling down the top 4 hardwood stairs head-first. It was really scary, but he seemed fine after a few minutes, although he wouldn't let us put ice on his big bump. He also bumped his mouth and bled a little, but no teeth loose, thank goodness.
This is also his first full week in the walkers room at daycare, which hasn't been going so smoothly (he cries when Justin drops him off), although now he seems ok in the afternoons. It's really exciting (and almost funny) all of the activities they do with the kids. We get a sheet every day that checks off the different activities, developmental skills, and food/nap. For example, today he learned about the color black, participated in group discussion (really curious how that works - todays topic was black cats), practiced fine motor skills with blocks and puzzles, practiced social skills with puppets and dramatic play, danced to music, did group exercise, walked outside, read books, and did an art project (colored a cat black with crayons). I have to say at this point I am happy he is in daycare, separation anxiety aside.
Today was the day I was supposed to depart for my completely insane work trip, so I had been dreading this day for months. Fortuitously, I just found out I got a promotion to move to another office (same employer, but different team in a new location), which is super-exciting. Kinda funny how things work out.

No comments: