

..in my new job! I started a new job in a new office, with a promotion. The people are nice, the work seems interesting, and there's just a little occasional travel to some pretty neat places. Very exciting! It's more of a commute, but still not far, and in a very nice neighborhood with a grocery store and lots of shops and restaurants. Since I usually bring my lunch, the big highlight is being able to run to the store to grab whatever critical ingredient I forgot I need for dinner, or avert the frequent milk shortages. Somehow this failed today though, when I was invited to go to the grocery store for lunch with my new coworkers (they also have a salad bar and sushi to go), yet completely forgot I needed a green pepper for tonight's farfalle/feta/veggie dish.
On a related subject, Eli's "promotion" to the walker's room at daycare is going more smoothly. He no longer cries when Justin drops him off, although he still looks rather concerned. But he's also still not a big fan of walking in the chain gang. Last week when Justin picked him up while they were on a walk, somehow when Eli was taken off from the rope it made all the other kids topple like dominoes. Unfortunately Eli had a fever today, and still felt hot when we put him to bed, so hopefully he'll feel better in the morning.
I'm glad this is a short week. We had a fun long weekend. We all went to the farmer's market and Eli helped us carry home some tomato plants and some strawberries and veggies in his red wagon. He got to go out to dinner and shared a pupusa with his friend Eddie (and his parents), followed by some playtime on the playground with other neighbors. Our "backyard" pool opened, so Eli went for his first splash of the summer. We also took Eli to the zoo for the first time. He got to see the baby panda TaiShan, watched the baby elephant get a bath, and watched a giraffe eating. Unfortunately it was really hot this weekend, so we were all starting to wilt by Monday afternoon, and Eli took a record 3.5 hour nap - the heat plus fighting off this bug.
No comments:
Post a Comment