Friday, January 20, 2006

Illness of the Payperiod


Eli's sick, again. Not just his usual perpetual daycare sniffles and "kennel cough". This is some weird head-cold/stomach-flu super-bug. After a few days of runny nose, now he's got some gastro-intestional malady too. His friend Eddie just had the same thing, unfortunately. I've had the cold for a couple days, so I'm really hoping I don't get the stomach yuck too. I don't have enough sick leave for that. I had to use up all the leave I had saved for maternity leave last year, and I get about one day of sick leave per month, which isn't enough this time of year when he's always catching something (and then passing it to me). So, I usually end up giving Eli a shot of Tylenol and dropping him off at daycare and crossing my fingers they don't call me to pick him up early and then I go to work looking like death warmed over and get my co-workers sick. I hope we're all over this by Monday...

No comments: