Monday, June 26, 2006

Commuting by Ark?




We had a very, very soggy weekend, with no sun in sight this week. It has been raining since Friday night or so, with an all-time record for amount of rain in one day, which has caused lots of flooding. This meant Eli didn't really get any playground time this weekend, so he was just a frustrated ball of squirm by Sunday evening. It also meant we had several inches of water come in through the smoke hood over the stove. I think we are all going to have webbed feet before the week is over. And to top it off, the roads and trains were a mess today, with the Beltway and several Metro train stations closed, so getting to work took me 1.5 hrs in the morning and 2hrs in the evening (usually takes 35-45mins), and I nearly got crushed and a little soggy in the process. By the time I finally got home, Eli just wanted to sit in my lap and cuddle, which is VERY unusual for him.

Before the monsoon came, we spent Friday afternoon and Saturday in Charlottesville. Justin had a meeting, but Eli and I came along to enjoy the sites, including a pilgrimage to Bodos, the best bagels in the Commonwealth. We had fun, except for one crisis: we forgot THE BEAR - Eli's teddy that sings lullabies when you pull it's tail. Being in a strange hotel room and a little too wound up, he wasn't too keen on falling asleep without Bear, and I think everyone on the floor of our hotel wouldn't have been too keen on listening to that either. I finally had to rub his back until he drifted off.

The power is blinking, better sign off before it goes out. Here are some pics of Eli trying to put on his socks and my shoes to go outside to the playground (he didn't understand why we couldn't go out in the rain).

No comments: