Sunday, June 11, 2006

No internet time



I'm loving my new job so far, but the one frustration was that because of some Dilbert-esque "issues" with tech support I had very limited computer access for my first 2 weeks. I finally have that resolved and can actually work, but in order to use the internet I have to share one terminal with half of the office (we are eventually supposed to get our own...hopefully). That means I don't really have time to do serious work-related internet research, let alone check my personal email at lunch or read anything online, so I spend way too much time catching up at home after Eli is in bed, getting my "fix".

Anyway, here is a picture of Eli at the park Thursday with Aunt Marla. She Eli-sat so we could go out to the movie theater (for the 4th time in Eli's life), and so she could get some QT before her big cross-country move (so we will be down to just my mom on the family Eli-sitting roster).

Also, his newest word seems to be "gato," as in the Spanish word for cat. His class talked about cats in group discussion at daycare recently (that still cracks me up), so I guess he must have picked it up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

we ran into a dalmation when we went to the park last week, and he did say something REMOTELY like "dog."