Ok, so I really wasn't THAT concerned about Eli's eating, as some may have gotten the impression from the previous post, although the doctor (not our usual doc) he saw for his ear infection did seem worried about his minimal weight gain last month. But everything was fine today at his 18month checkup. He's a little behind on verbal development, but he seems like he's getting ready to catch up soon - being in a mostly Spanish environment during the day and English at home just takes a little longer to sort out, but great in the long-run for foreign language aquisition.
Here are the stats: 32in tall (50%), weight 23lbs 9oz (25%), and his head is 20in (97%). Hey-there are still 3% of toddlers with heads even bigger than his.
We had an interesting adventure last night. Eddie's parents were in a bind (his mom had an event, and his dad and Justin both had to go to the same meeting), so I came over with Eli to watch Eddie. It was fun watching the boys interact, but it got to be WAY past bedtime. One of the funnier things was that Eddie kept throwing his pacifier at Eli. Eli just nonchalantly reached over for it and popped it back into Eddie's mouth and kept playing.
It was interesting to contrast the daycare vs. mostly at-home differences, although some could just be personality. Eddie was much better at sharing his toys but Eli was super-possessive, hoarding and protecting his favorites, which I guess is an aquired habit from having 20 other kids trying to take your toy all day. Eddie was more physical - not too rough, but Eli did get kind of annoyed. I suppose daycare has to teach them to keep their hands to themselves early with that many kids in close quarters, but I was quite surprised Eli didn't retaliate.
Eli had his first night with a non-family hired sitter tonight, now that Aunt Marla has moved away, and Nana also wanted to go to the same event with us. It went pretty well, considering she was new to him and wasn't in a good mood to start with (thankfully the emergency Baby Einstein DVD calmed him down). Unfortunately our "special needs" cat, Alvin, got aggressively overprotective and wouldn't let her go upstairs to check on Eli after he went to bed. I'm beginning to understand the market for pet psychotherapists.
Also, Eli's website has been updated with lots of pictures from the past couple months.
They Have an App For That
-
I recently began thinking about the blog again. It used to be super
difficult to post photos and while user friendly, didn't have a lot of
customization a...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment