Sunday, February 26, 2006

Ouch! Eli Discovers "HOT"

Eli got his first real boo-boo today. Sure he's had plenty of bumps and little scratches, but nothing that made him cry more than a few minutes (even his bad head bonks).
I usually drink my tea or coffee in a travel mug when I'm around Eli so it's fairly spill-proof. Well, I forgot my travel mug of tea on the coffee table this afternoon with the spout open and turned my back and he grabbed it and spilled enough to burn the back of his hand. I don't think it's too serious, but it definitely hurt. I ran it under cool water and all that, but he just SCREAMED like he's never screamed before. Justin was out at the time, so it was pretty frazzling, because there was nothing I could do to calm him down, and there wasn't much I could do to make it feel better besides try to hold a cold washcloth on it and then Justin gave him some tylenol. His hand still looked not so good tonight with some reddish streaks, but he was using it normally, so hopefully it'll heal quickly.

1 comment:

LadyCelticFire said...

Oh Poor Boo... I sometimes think it is tougher on us parents than it is on the kids when they get owies... He is adorable... and his hand looks like it is healing great. Our daughter Madison did the same one day... Thankfully the coffee had cooled enough so it merely startled her... Oh My it taught me a lesson though.... I now watch where I put things a WHOLE lot more carefully :D

Feel free to visit our blog at:
http://spaces.msn.com/maddiesmomma/