Monday, October 01, 2007

Black is slimming, right?

The two Eli pics are from the weekend. Saturday we went to the river to watch Grandpa help build wooden boats for the Seaport festival, and Sunday he went with daddy (and his Thomas backpack) to play on the caboose.
Finally got Justin to take my picture Saturday night when we got home from date night, although it was after 11pm so I wasn't feeling terribly photogenic. This shirt was really fighting to stay buttoned. I have a couple pair of pants and a couple casual shirts that I can wear without exposing my underbelly, so it's creating a whole new level of "what to wear" wardrobe crises. I can put on one outfit, walk out the door, and by the time I get home I've completely outgrown it. I also had to look semi-presentable for a political dinner over the weekend, which was a major fashion challenge. Fortunately as long as I stay in my cube my office doesn't really care what I wear to work if I make an effort to avoid looking totally unprofessional.
Anyway, I'm almost at week 37, which means baby's lungs are mature and she's just getting fat now. I'm in no rush for her to make her appearance, but I also know the longer she stays in the bigger she gets, which really doesn't play in my favor in terms of her exit strategy. I went to the doc today and even she commented that she hopes the baby comes soon because I just don't have any more room. Fortunately she said the baby didn't feel too big yet and is head down. Locked, loaded, and ready to go...
My office has started a birth date pool - so far guesses range from 9Oct to 3Nov (I think that was my boss being optimistic I'll stick around long enough to finish the 2 projects I'm working on).
Tonight I went out for a wild Tuesday night on the town with 7 other neighborhood women due around the same time as me for a belly-buddies meet up. The best part was all 8 of us waddling out of the crowded restaurant together, and the other women all smiling at us and the guys all terrified of what the heck was in the water at this place.

No comments: