And then there are those nights that lull one into thinking the "terrible 2s" aren't really so bad...Eli was having a really cute night tonight. Justin was able to come home for almost an hour between meetings and give Eli a bath and we all ate dinner together at the table the same time, which was nearly miraculous. Then Eli happily played with his Bob the Builder legos for a while; Bob the Builder and Harold the Helicopter were having some in-depth conversations, which was hilarious to overhear. He's really getting into pretend play now. I tried to take a picture of it, which of course distracted him, and then he wanted me to take his picture holding up the book of photos from his Grandma & Grandpa's trip to Australia & New Zealand last year (he made a really goofy "cheese" face in the second shot). He actually brushed his teeth without too much protest (he's discovered the joys of rinsing and spitting with his big-boy Dora the Explorer flouride toothpaste) and then after I put him in his crib I was laying out his clothes for tomorrow and he actually said "Mommy, close door! I need to sleep!" I'll read this again after his next tantrum....
In other news, Eli has been doing really well in his new preschool. I'm really amazed how fast he is learning. He now counts to 10 in Spanish (and apparently told his teacher last week that he is "guapo" = handsome), has started learning to write his name, loves drawing circles, does lots of "freestyle" paintings, and is really into pretend play. They also opened a new playground at his school today, which is very exciting.
I'm now 4 weeks away from my due date. Tick...tick...
1 comment:
Just rereading this and thinking of our own goodnight joys! Yeah, Josh is a brat too at bedtime. (NO EXAGERATION!) It is easily our worst time of the day. If you find a cure please let me know!
Shannon
Post a Comment