Sunday, October 07, 2007

Nesting?





Before Eli was born, unfortunately I never really had the nesting phase. Well, the house hasn't exactly gotten a whole lot tidier in the last 3 years, so this time panic is setting in, and I've convinced myself that this is my last chance to 'nest' for a while and try to get the house a little more livable with 2 kids. And if all the exertion induces labor, than great.
Today turned into one of those HGTV reality shows - to re-do the kids' room to fit 2 children in an 8ftx9.5ft space before Justin got back from the football game (and brought Eli home from a day at Nana's). My dad came over and took the doors off the closet and assembled Eli's new toddler bed. I vacuumed like crazy and emptied and moved the dresser/changing table and bookshelf to the closet. It's not 100% finished, but not bad for one afternoon. Eli LOVED his new bed (complete with transportation-themed sheets), so much that he had a tantrum that he wanted to go to bed at 6pm and didn't want to eat dinner. Will report back tomorrow on how the first night went...
In other weekend highlights, yesterday was our HUGE neighborhood street festival for the arts. I walked up and down the street a couple of times looking at all the vendor booths (and bought a few Christmas presents and one splurge for myself). I walked probably 2.5 miles, which is no small feat at this stage, although I was really sore last night with all my hip/back aches. The big highlight for Eli was the neighborhood firestation openhouse, where he got to 'drive' the ambulance and watch a firefighter slide down the pole.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The room looks great!! I do not know how you do it! You amaze me!

Shannon