Parents magazine occasionally runs a feature where parents write in about their toddler's strange fears. Well, now I'm beginning to know what they are talking about. Eli has never been particularly bothered by loud noises (although he cries at our new Dustbuster), but tonight he freaked out when he was eating in his highchair and he saw me start to fill the coffee grinder with beans. He started yelling "loud! loud!" and wanted out of his highchair to run away, before I even started to run it. He refused to eat dinner for a while, and even while playing occasionally interrupted himself and pointed to the kitchen and said "loud! loud!" looking very concerned.
Well, I don't want to freak him out, but I really need my coffee in the morning (it's actually decaf, but it makes me think I should be awake - psychological caffeine.)
In other news, Eli's second day in the new room at daycare went a little too well - when I came to pick him up, he ran and hid in the corner, so I had to drag him out and he threw a fit when I tried to put his jacket on. Of course, he then cooperated just fine when the daycare lady put his coat on him...oy
They Have an App For That
-
I recently began thinking about the blog again. It used to be super
difficult to post photos and while user friendly, didn't have a lot of
customization a...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment