
Today is Columbus Day, one of those strange Federal holidays that is selectively observed. My office and Eli's daycare were both closed, but Justin just started a new job with a company that doesn't observe it. So, Eli and I had a free day together. Aside from three bouts of cheerio dumping (quite intentionally naughty), we had a fun day. Ate breakfast, went for a walk in my new Ergo carrier (wish I'd bought it sooner!), went to the playground (I felt like I was crashing the nanny party), ate lunch, miraculously went down for a 2hr nap ok, ate a snack, and went on a pilgrimage to the big baby store.
I don't get to the baby store very often, so this was my chance to get stocked up on the toddler feeding stuff, some more Eli-proofing safety gear and *gulp* potty training gear. I'm not rushing into the potty training, but Eli has been "notifying" us of his diaper activities for a while (sometimes anticipating), and he seems like he might be interested, so I figured I might as well be prepared for when he decides he's ready. I also got him an Eli-sized broom (he gets way to excited when someone sweeps) and the ubiquitous toddler standard, the Corn Popper. Wow, those things are loud (can you retro-fit a silencer?). But boy does he love it. He threw a tantrum and didn't want to eat dinner when we pried the popper out of his hands to sit him in his highchair. Going to bed didn't go much better until he was finally distracted by toothbrushing. Oy...
No comments:
Post a Comment