Monday, October 23, 2006

Little Fish in a Big Pond

Last week the director of Eli's daycare said that she thought Eli was ready to move into the older toddlers' room. I was rather surprised since he hadn't been in the younger toddlers' room that long (mainly because he was a late walker), but apparently he is now one of the biggest kids in the class and is becoming bored and a bit of a bully with all of the littler kids just learning to walk. Most of his peers are in the next room as well, so he'll be reunited with his old buddies. After all of the anxiety about the move into the younger toddler room, I was a bit worried about how he'd handle the move into the older room. Those kids look so much bigger and more advanced! And it's the final room before preschool.
Today was Eli's first partial day in the new room, and when we picked him up he was coloring with crayons on the floor and didn't want to go home. The caregiver said he was a good boy, so I guess so far so good with the transition. Hopefully being around older kids will help him with his bouts of aggression and he'll improve his skills to keep up. Maybe he'll even feel the peer pressure to start using the potty!
I was having a serious "case of the Mondays" this morning - I have an awful drug-resistant head cold (don't get me started on my sick leave rant again), we just barely missed our bus (after sprinting down the street with him on my back yelling "go Mommy!"), and my car battery died so we had to wait for the next bus, making me late for work. I really, really dislike Mondays. I'm glad Eli's day improved though. Off to bed - I really really need some sleep...and some extra strength decongestant. *Sniffle*

No comments: