Thursday, September 06, 2007

On the Road Again...

My last trimester is turning into a Willie Nelson song...I think I will have spent almost as many nights away as home in this month or so... Beach week, then the lake in VT, long Labor Day weekend with the in-laws, now I'm in Utah, and next week I'll be in Williamsburg... The Williamsburg trip is during my last week before my doc officially grounds me (week 35), so I'm cramming in the travel while I can. If TSA reverses their rule change and decides breastmilk is flammable again it will be a long time before I will be able to fly alone again, which will put an end to my work trips for a year or two.
We had a good weekend with the in-laws; Eli got to see his great grandmother, great aunt & uncle, and G'ma & Papa Ed. Justin and his uncle were crazy enough to run a half marathon with minimal training...and miraculously lived to complain about it (mostly Justin).
I was home for a day to go to work and do laundry and re-pack before flying out to Utah. James Carville & Mary Matalin were on my flight, and then I saw Rev Jesse Jackson riding a golf cart at Chicago OHare. Otherwise the trip wasn't much fun - flights crowded and delayed an hour and a half, and then my hotel was in the middle of a power outage when I arrived so getting settled in at 11pm local time made me grumpy. Off to bed.
Will try to post some Eli pics soon.

No comments: