Sometime around now I officially start the 3rd trimester. Unlike with Eli, I've been feeling a lot achier and sore this time around, and now it's just making me immobile and crabby. My hips and lower back are making standing and walking and sometimes sitting painful, and the rest of my back is in a giant knot which makes lying down not very comfortable. I've also been having a lot of Braxton-Hicks contractions, which I hardly had with Eli, so that makes my belly uncomfortable too and his sister feels like she's all elbows, and likes to lodge her limbs in my hip or ribs. Oh, and it's in the high 90's and humid for the rest of the forecast. And have I mentioned my commute involves a 45-min workout of walking to the bus, walking up and down 3 escalators, standing at the platform, and riding 2 trains (quite often without a seat)? We'll see how long before I snap at someone on Metro for elbowing me out of their way to take a seat from me...or before I can convince Justin that buying a parking pass to my office is worth preventing me from going postal in transit. Its going to be a really long 11 weeks until my due date....(yes, I have to work until I pop, don't get me started on my rant about the lack of paid maternity leave)
Fortunately I've had a relatively quiet weekend to sit and even sleep in. Yesterday morning Eli went with his daddy on the bus to a festival for a historic (200-some-odd year old) firehouse, with lots of fire trucks including one the kids could sit in. Then they walked a few blocks to a very large model train display, which had Eli captivated for a while. This morning they left insanely early to take the train up to New York for the day. Justin &Eli met up with his cousin Robyn, they got bagels, and Eli played at a playground in Central Park and then Eli got to explore the children's museum for a while and ride on the subway. Way too much fun for one weekend.
In other news, this will be Eli's last week at the daycare he has gone to every day since he was 2 months old. Hopefully he will handle it better than I am. See the Jun02 posting about our daycare fiasco that led us to decide to leave. It's totally the rational thing to do, but I'm sure it's going to be hard to leave his teachers and friends. He is also starting at a brand-new preschool (which also takes infants so his sister can join him), so there is still a little uncertainty if this is the right move. Our other option was to send Eli to a preschool we know we like (but won't have a slot until Nov and doesn't take infants), but then have to find someplace to send his sister for 2 years (and deal with the logistical hassle of 2 separate pick-up/drop-offs). Stay tuned...
3 comments:
He is becoming such a big boy. Such a cutie too!
Oh Alex, I so remember feeling just that way. My hips tingled all the time and I was so miserable. Luckily, I was at home. I so feel for you! The daycare will work out! Just do what you can to be "watchful" and ask a ton of questions about his day everyday! You will soon figure out if it is a good fit for your family!
Sorry, that last comment was from me!
Shannon
Post a Comment