Tuesday, June 12, 2007

"Vote Daddy!"

Explaining the institutions of democracy to a 2 1/2 year old doesn't work so well. But, Eli does recognize the bumper stickers and yard signs that mean "Vote for Daddy." Eli just broke his perfect voting record at the caucus on Saturday. He woke up very early Saturday morning several times screaming, so I was up with him from about 12:30-3:30am, but other than the cat being locked in his room the first time, I didn't know what was going on. He woke up from his extra-long nap Saturday afternoon burning up hotter than I've ever felt, and just started screaming bloody murder and trembling. Very scary. He refused to drink anything, so I just had to dunk him in a lukewarm bath to cool him off and eventually Grandma made up a drinking game to get him to take some sips. He seemed to perk up after a shot of Tylenol so we went to the caucus to vote. I pulled him out of his carseat and he threw up all over both us in the parking lot. What timing. Two minutes later and daddy's suit would have been the victim. So we went straight home to clean up and the whole ride he was crying that he wanted to vote for daddy and was upset his campaign sticker on his shirt had gotten messed up. (I went back after bedtime to vote and wait with Justin for the results).
Justin won the nomination in the caucus and Eli finally felt better by Monday morning, although his sleep schedule is still off. The campaign trail continues for another 5 weeks.
My in-house tech support staff has been a little preoccupied lately, so still no pictures yet until my laptop is fixed.
We're going for our sonogram tomorrow. Any bets on gender?

No comments: