It's been a whole week of not nursing. So far it's been bumpier than expected, with some milk junkie withdrawl and side-effects of shutting off the tap too fast. Apparently the longer you nurse for, the more painful it is to stop too abruptly (even though I thought I was doing it gradually enough), which I learned the hard way while in the middle of my work trip to hell. Thanks to some motrin it was only painful for a couple days, but it was a lot harder not having access to my pump or cabbage leaves.
Eli apparently was looking for me in bed for the first few mornings I was gone, but was otherwise ok with dad. Things were a little rough when I first came home. I landed right before bedtime, and he was not in the mood for me to hold him at the airport. The next morning he woke up happy and I picked him up out of his crib, and then he started crying when he realized he couldn't nurse, and cried all the way to daycare. This morning he was ok with just playing in bed without nursing, so hopefully he's getting used to the new paradigm and starting to disassociate mommy and nursing. He's been a little out of sorts though - the space-time contiuum as he knew it got all out of whack this week, so he's having to do a lot of adjusting.
They Have an App For That
-
I recently began thinking about the blog again. It used to be super
difficult to post photos and while user friendly, didn't have a lot of
customization a...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment