Friday, March 17, 2006

Last Call!

Well, Eli's nursling days have come to an end, at 15months. I was hoping he would have weaned on his own by now, but he's just gotta have his morning and bedtime hits. Since he started drinking cowmilk during the day and I stopped pumping, it's been the best of both worlds, and he's so squirmy it's pretty much the only time he's still long enough to cuddle. He's pretty much getting cut-off cold-turkey now, because I have to be out of town all this week for work, and it is not the type of place I can take my pump (which has otherwise retired). Not to debate the virtues of extended BF, but I doubt I would have let him go much longer anyway, I just hate the fact that I'm being forced to wean him right now, before either of us is totally ready. Hopefully he won't have milk junkie withdrawal, and he probably won't mind if dad gives him a sippy cup while I'm gone, I just hope he'll be ok taking one from me when I get home (and I hope I don't explode while I'm away!)
Last call Eli-- the taps are shutting down... :(
In other news, tooth #10 (his 2nd molar on the bottom) looks like it has popped through...more teething fun

No comments: