Friday, March 31, 2006

Aspiring Barista?


Or would that be baristo? Eli's new favorite toy is the metal milk frother. Wondering if he's trying to drop some hints on jazzing up his sippy cup? Maybe he can be a baristo at the local coffee pub for his summer job...Lattes, anyone?
In other news, his ear infection seems to be getting better. The cough and runny nose aren't as bad. He's mostly back to his old self, and he hasn't put up too much of a fight with the antibiotic.
He's been a lot more cuddly lately. I guess this is his new post-weaning thing, combined with separation anxiety from my trip last week. It's just the most adorable thing ever. At night before bedtime and in the mornings he'll just nuzzle his fuzzy head into my shoulder and play with my hair. Sometimes when he's playing on the floor he'll just come over to me for a hug break. But, he's also gotten a lot clingier since my trip. He wants me to carry him a lot more, and he has some serious separation anxiety when either one of us leaves the room. Hopefully he'll readjust soon; but I'm supposed to go away for another week-long work trip, and I'm starting to worry that all this travelling is going to cause him some permanent damage in the attachment/separation arena.
His cute cuddlefests makes the mornings harder though because it's so difficult to detach him when he wants to cuddle, but I also have to catch my bus in the morning (which always runs early, and I don't). We changed our schedules around so now Justin does morning daycare drop-off, so I get in much earlier and get home in time to make dinner or go for a walk with Eli. I suddenly discovered an extra hour and a half in the day!

No comments: