Saturday, March 17, 2007

New York Minute





A couple weeks delayed, but here are a few pics from our daytrip to New York a couple weekends ago. It was exhausting, but Eli had fun. We took the obscenely early train up and ate bagels in Central Park while we waited for the Children's Museum to open. Eli had fun at the museum, although some of his favorite exhibits from his last visit were replaced by exhibits for older kids. Maybe it was because we were on the upper west side, but I was appalled at some of the parents and kids. Every stereotype of rude New Yorkers was playing out in their children. I literally had four year olds demand I move out of their way so they could take Eli's toys away. One kid at the sand table then reached around me after I explained it was Eli's turn and then tried to get his toy and poured sand in Eli's face in the process. Another kid took a toy out of my hand that I was holding for Eli. Oh, and none of the parents said anything in any instance; I was too shocked to say anything to the parents. Every other childrens' museum we've visited I felt like I had to constantly keep on Eli to make sure he didn't become the rude one (normally he's territorial and doesn't want to share turns, but at least he doesn't get aggressive often). NYC is just not a normal place to raise children.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was beginning to wonder about you...and you even caught up on the other website. smirk.

Just love how you guys take the train up and down the east coast.
-E