Monday, September 11, 2006

I should be packing...

...But had a cute Eli story today. I have to figure out how to get a video of this: Eli and his neighborhood buddy Hunter discovered this metal grate on our street that makes a lot of noise when they stomp on it. Justin contributed to this by showing them how loud a noise can be made by jumping on it. So now the boys love to try and jump on the grate. The only problem is that neither has figured out how to jump yet. They both squat down and wind up, but can't figure out how to get their feet off the ground. It ends up looking like some funny bum-wiggling dance. When they both do it together it is hilarious to watch, because they are both so determined to figure it out. Tonight Eli decided to try and analyze his technique in front of the full-length mirror before his bath (in his birthday suit). Even funnier watching him watch himself trying to figure out how to jump. I'm sure he'll figure it out soon enough, but it is fun to watch him try.
Anywho, off to pack for my couple weeks of adventure in DurkaDurkastan (sorry, that's an obscure Team America movie reference if you missed it).

1 comment:

elizabethanddennis said...

I conjured up a mental image of them trying to jump--cracked me up. Have a good trip!