Sunday, April 09, 2006

No wonder he's out of sorts

The most amazing thing happened yesterday: Eli let us sleep in on a Saturday until 8:00! I woke up at 7:45 a little freaked out. He does sleep in sometimes, but only when we have to get up for work or go out early, and can't enjoy it. Then he slept until 7:00 this morning, which was nice. He really hasn't adjusted to Daylight Savings Time, which is unfortunate when we have to get him up at 6:30 to get ready for daycare and he's a groggy boy all morning.
It rained all day yesterday. We really need the rain, but did it have to come on a Saturday? Justin and Eli were cooped up in the house all day, and I was away at a bridal shower. Eli didn't go too crazy, which was good, because he's very prone to cabin fever.
Today he was definitely out of sorts, and it definitely seemed to be his teeth, because he was making all sorts of weird faces trying to chew his cheerios. I finally got a chance to peek inside while he was leaning back, and it looks like he has 3 new molars I didn't know about, bringing the unofficial tooth count to 14!! I haven't been able to get certified count results, but I'm pretty sure I haven't counted those molars before. So, with 3 or 4 molars breaking through at once, it's no wonder he was a little fussy today. He was ok most of the time and played, but then he would have dramatic interludes for a while, and then finally get distracted and resume playing. I was at the library working on my thesis for a while today, so Justin took him to the tot lot behind our house for some fun distractions.
I guess he's got to get his teeth at some point, but poor guy getting them all in at once it seems. Although according to one website I found, he's just on the faster end of the "normal" age range for teeth (not that it really makes a difference, but I just hope he doesn't start getting his wisdom teeth before kindergarten).

No comments: