Friday, April 07, 2006

Good News!

I haven't really discussed it here on the blog, but for those of you I've talked to in the last 6 months or so, I was supposed to do some absolutely crazy work travel (and if you don't know, it was quite the drama, so I'll spare you). But, the good news is I don't have to go, and I didn't get fired. I do need to find a new job and I do need to finish my thesis so I can graduate, but all in all a good ending, and I don't have to leave Eli. I also don't have to leave town for training next week either. Like I've said before, I don't have the most family-friendly employer, but they were understanding that I just can't leave Eli for such a long time. There's working motherhood, and then there is insanity...my job teeters on that cusp.
It's been an absolutely crazy stressful week. Luckily tonight Eli's friend Eddie and his parents and neighbors and their little girl all decided on a whim to meet us for dinner at our favorite local Savadorean/Mexican place, which is just about the most kid-friendly adult restaurant. They seem to have more strollers parked outside than cars, and more highchairs than regular seats, but it's still a grown-up place to have a semi-normal dinner. I had a mango margarita. I really needed it after this week...

No comments: