More on Eli's first birthday later, but here's my random moment of the day. Ever since I got my traditional Chinese Mei Tai style baby carrier I've gotten interested in traditional babywearing. One of my favorite sites, www.peppermint.com was having a sale, so I got an African kanga I've been curious about. My mom said it looked like a table cloth, but I wanted to give it a try. I washed it this weekend, but forgot a tissue in my jeans pocket (Eli's perpetual daycare sniffles), so lint fuzzies got all over my kanga. We were getting ready to go out, and I wanted to take the kanga in case I needed it, but I was wearing my nice red merino sweater for the Christmas party later on, and didn't want it to get fuzzed. As Eli played on the bed I got out the lint brush and obsessively brushed off lint balls from my traditional African kanga so as not to fuzz my sweater. There was something so weird about that moment...
No comments:
Post a Comment