Monday, June 08, 2009

BREAKING NEWS: Lena's first success

...in the bathroom. She made her "I have to go" face, I asked her if she needed to go potty, she ran the bathroom, pointed at the sesame street toilet seat and yelled "Elmo!" while trying to rip off her pjs. I stripped her down, put her in position, and she did her thing (#2) and then flushed and washed hands. Bravo!
It may have been a fluke. She has been interested for a while, and I let her practice although nothing has happened before. I'm not ready to get serious about potty training yet, so I'm in no rush to start before 20months. Not to mention the logistical problem of reaching the toilet - at her current rate of growth it will be quite a while before she is tall enough to position herself even with a stepstool. I'm also a little worried about her falling in, even with the Elmo donut insert. Oh well, she'll figure it out whenever she's ready, and hopefully won't get too traumatized in the process.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Yipeee! Yeah Queeky!

Betsy said...

Lena's learning to go potty on the pot and Becca's learning to drive! I don't know which one is worse! Love you guys! Betsy