Monday was President's Day, which was a holiday for all of us. We walked in the parade but otherwise had a quiet day. Tuesday we were all back to work and daycare as usual, and Wednesday I planned to leave work at lunchtime for Lena's 4 month check-up. Right as I got ready to leave work, daycare called to say Eli had a 101degree fever and almost fell asleep at the lunch table. So I picked them both up and went to the doctor's.
Lena's check-up was fine. She's 12bs 13oz, which is average, and she is still 25% for height (23.5in). Because of her awful nighttime schedule, the ped suggested trying rice cereal at dinnertime to try and get her more calories during the day so maybe she won't be so hungry at midnight (and 2am, and 4am...). Stay tuned for messy cereal-face pics. She also got another 4 shots and an oral rotavirus vaccine, which she wasn't too thrilled about, but Eli tried to reassure her. Fortunately the ped also took a minute to check out Eli and do a strep test, although everything was negative.
Thursday I stayed home with Eli, who still had a 100.6 degree fever, although he seemed ok in the morning but crashed at lunchtime. He helped me vacuum the living room and do a load of laundry. We dropped Lena off at daycare so Eli wouldn't spend the day sharing his germs and so I could have a bit if a break. It's amazing how much easier it seems to only have one kid now since I almost always have both when I'm not at work unless I can send Eli to Nana & Grandpa's or out with Justin for a few hours. Last Sunday Justin and Eli took the Amtrak and light rail to Port Discovery, the children's museum in Baltimore. Eli has been to 5 museums now (Manhattan, Philly, Portsmouth, St. Paul), and Justin thought this one was the best as far as Eli entertainment. He'll get to visit the museums in San Francisco and Boston this spring, so we'll see how they rank (we love our children's museum network family pass!)
Thursday was also supposed to be a mandatory training day at work...oops. Friday was finally supposed to be a normal day, back to work and daycare. Then yet another ice storm came. It ended up being mostly rain by us, but after last week's fiasco all the schools closed, including daycare. So I'm home again today with both kids on a cold, rainy day.
They Have an App For That
-
I recently began thinking about the blog again. It used to be super
difficult to post photos and while user friendly, didn't have a lot of
customization a...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment